This is an introduction to Justin, who will be handling the Episode Reviews, as well as additional content here on the site.
I have been a huge fan of Twin Peaks since the summer of ’95 when I purchased the VHS box set, sight unseen, just because it looked interesting and mysterious.
More Peaks facts concerning me:
- I was totally confused when I started watching the show because the Pilot episode was not included in the box set. I had to rent the video of the pilot from my local video store (ahhh, the good old days of video stores!) before I could continue watching the series.
- For some unknown reason, before I started watching Twin Peaks I thought I read that the sheriff was the killer. So during my viewing of the series, I thought I’d been spoiled as to the identity of the killer. Although honestly, Harry Truman was the nicest guy in the world and I couldn’t imagine how he was going to turn out to be the murderer. I thought ‘Maybe I read it wrong and it’s someone else on the police force. Hawk? Andy? Really, could it be ANDY?’ So I can say that Twin Peaks truly shocked me when Leland was revealed as the killer. And I am so glad it was NOT Andy.
- I successfully turned my two sons (ages 16 and 13) into Peaks fans after a weekly viewing of the show we started in early October 2014. Oddly, we watched the pilot episode the day after David Lynch announced the return of the series. I’d been planning for weeks that we would start watching the first Saturday in October. An amazing coincidence!
- I have introduced Twin Peaks to various romantic partners, family, friends, and even my mom (who watches stuff like Knots Landing and Survivor). All of them loved it. Twin Peaks is the one show that once someone gives it a chance, they always enjoy it. I am sure there are exceptions to this, but I have yet to meet someone who can stop watching.
- Lastly, David Lynch is my favorite film director and I love just about everything he’s done (sorry Dune!). The fact that my favorite director is coming back with my favorite TV show of all time fills me with a joy and anticipation that I cannot accurately describe in words.
Be sure to check out Justin’s Seasons 1 & 2 recaps as well as his upcoming recaps for the return of the series!