Since 25YL’s inception, we have sought to offer insightful commentary, analysis, and a somewhat deeper look in our coverage than other entertainment sites. Ever expanding, we here at 25YL are always looking for more opportunities to offer that same type of coverage in all aspects of entertainment: film, tv, games, etc. One of the more recent additions to the 25YL team is our very own horror department.
Love horror? Have a passion about the genre you just need to get out for the world to see? Look no further as 25YL is looking for horror writers that have an undying love for the genre in all of its forms. At 25YL we are always trying new things and it is the perfect time to get on board with the horror team and help shape our content moving forward to become the next big entertainment site while still maintaining our core principles of a more analytical approach that goes beyond just typical reviews.
Horror Writers Wanted
You read that right horror fiends! 25YL is looking for writers that have a love of all things horror. As with all of our endeavors we are approaching horror coverage from a unique point of view that is distinctly our own and goes beyond just covering new releases from big studios and doing standard reviews.
Horror is such a wide umbrella that the possibilities are endless. If you have a passion to write about any aspect of the horror genre, we are dying to hear what keeps you up at night! In case you might think that what you’re into is too fringe or not quite horror, try us! We are looking for writers that are interested in covering the best and widest plate of what horror has to offer; like the following:
– new and cutting edge independent releases that otherwise may not find coverage on bigger sites
– psychological thrillers and studying aspects of the macabre side of human nature in cinema and tv
– re-evaluation and personal analysis of genre classics and overlooked gems
– making a case for greatness for a film that was initially dismissed or derided
– deep dive analyses on directors, horror tropes, and horror films that you can’t get out of your head
– being a home for burgeoning young talent and offering the most insightful coverage on films from smaller production companies
– Spotlight pieces on makeup/fx artists, score composers, stunt performers, and other people behind the scenes that help bring horror to life…the unsung heroes of the genre!
– keeping a finger on the pulse of the most exciting new releases in horror from the big studios as well
– covering genre news at a fast pace but giving a more personal response to a trailer or a juicy scoop
– film analysis of studio releases throughout the year
– general opinion pieces/general analysis
To sound a little bit like the Hell Priest himself, at 25YL those are just a few of the sights we have to show you! Above is a list of the type of coverage we are looking for, but one of the most beautiful things I have discovered in my time at 25YL is when you’re a part of the team, you’re a part of the team in every way. None of this is set in stone and we are always looking for exciting new pitches from writers and ideas on how we can make our coverage even bigger and better!
So what are you waiting for boils and ghouls? It’s time to get weird, dark, and spooky with us at 25YL! It is a chance to be a part of a site that feels more like a family that is truly offering writers a unique way to cover cinema and tv.
The writing positions are all about passion. WordPress experience will help navigate through the system. We’re looking for people that are as passionate about horror as we are. We have a Slack workspace where we all share ideas and create all the wonderful articles through all the different channels in film, tv, and gaming at 25YL.
We want people that want to be there with us and are going to be as engaged every day on this journey together as we are. We hope that you’ll join our team of writers and spread the good gospel of horror far and wide in whatever way is most passionate to you! If this sounds like an adventure that you’re ready to take with us just shoot an e-mail to Andrew@25yearslatersite.com and Laura@25yearslatersite.com!