Do you spend hours every day on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Do you have some spare time on your hands?
We’re looking for Social Media Networkers to join the 25YL Media team as we grow from strength to strength. Based all over the world, this business has a lot to offer with some very exciting plans in the cards so it’s the perfect time to get on board.
What you’ll be doing
As a Social Media Networker, you will work closely with the Management Team in developing ways to promote the 25YL brand across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. In order to capture new audiences, you would seek new paths to increase that audience base through content ideas, events, special projects, networking with other businesses and interacting with readers.
You will need to be knowledgeable and have varied interest in TV, Film, Horror, Music, Gaming and Sports, both current and historically so that you can create posts that represent the 25YL portfolio.
You would be responsible for handling the day-to-day management of social channels via Hootsuite and on individual platforms. We produce anywhere from three to eight articles per day, so excellent organisation of our social media is vital. While experience of using all three platforms is needed, we would like you to take ownership of one specific platform. So if you live on Instagram, or are forever tweeting or posting, this may just be the role for you!
We need someone who can make a big impact on Twitter by
- Promoting 25YL articles and events in the lead up to publication
- Representing 25YL in a professional manner, by responding to and engaging in conversation with readers of the website
- Supporting our partner businesses by engaging with and retweeting promos.
- Building a rapport with our followers by creating witty, friendly and topical tweets
- Keeping an eye on what’s trending and design tweets to gain good publicity.
- Promoting the 25YL Patreon page
- Keeping on top of news relative to 25YL style and content, that our readers will be interested in and create discussion
- Ensure appropriate people (actors/directors/shows/films/websites etc) are tagged in posts
- Actively seeking to increase follower numbers by creating engaging content
- Analyzing and reporting on trends — which articles/tweets performed well? Best tweeting times? Who is our audience? What is our growth? and so on.
Instagram is a very different beast. Images are King. To head up our Instagram account, you would need to
- Work closely with management as to current and future projects and post eye-catching images to promote articles/events.
- Create unique promotional content in both static image and video format
- Collect pictures from staff attending events/in cosplay/at work/with celebrities etc. to promote the team
- Post topical and funny memes to engage audiences
- Chat with people who have commented on images
- Actively seek to increase follower numbers by networking and creating engaging content
Somewhere in the middle of Twitter and Instagram lies Facebook. So in addition to managing either the Twitter or Instagram accounts, you would share management of the 25YL Facebook page.
Additionally, you would be required to share 25YL articles into Facebook groups appropriate to the topic of the piece.
What you’ll need for the role
- Creative, strategic thinker with a real passion for social media.
- Hands-on knowledge of organic and paid social media marketing.
- Analytical mindset for reporting and analysis.
- First-rate written communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong project management/time management skills.
- An interest/passion for TV, Film, Horror, Gaming, Music and Sports
- To be available to visit our ‘virtual office’ on the Slack app every day to prepare your social media content
- An hour or two a day free time to spend on social media for 25YL
What’s in it for you?
As with all the roles at 25YL, at the moment, this work is unpaid. We hope that will change in the near future as the business goes from strength to strength. These are the first pure social roles for 25YL Media, so you’ll have the opportunity to really make this your own. Very exciting stuff for someone looking to develop their career in social media.
The culture here at 25YL is really great. You’ll be a part of a close-knit business with a family feel. You would be an extremely important addition to the management team. Here at 25YL, we make dreams become a reality; it’s a hugely rewarding experience. If you have that same passion and determination to make your dreams come true, complete this application form.
We can’t wait to (virtually) meet you!