There is a brand new Survival Horror on the horizon called Deathground. It’s a Kickstarter project and is being developed by Jaw Drop Games who, in the past, have worked on the games Q.U.B.E, Q.U.B.E 2 and Hue (trying saying that after a few drinks).
According to the official Deathground website, the game is a solo and co-op survival horror game that throws players into a desperate battle for survival against deadly A.I. dinosaurs.
Deathground aims to feature both solo and co-operative gameplay so players can try to survive alone or play in teams of up to 3. Players form a group of professional hunters and survivalists on a mission to the “Deathground” to retrieve high-value loot.
The game features dynamic gameplay enriched with objectives, stealth and combat; unpredictable AI dinosaurs; special character classes; a range of items and weapons; and truly terrifying environments, harnessing the power of Unreal Engine 4.
Deathground Key Features
- Squad-based survival horror
- With team-based objectives, suspenseful gameplay and constant mortal danger, teamwork and cooperation are essential to survival.
- Intense and suspenseful gameplay
- Dynamic gameplay enriched with objectives, stealth, combat and teamwork. Players will interact with a range of items and weapons, and have access to a crafting system.
- Unpredictable AI Dinosaurs
- Dynamic and reactive dinosaurs that hunt you down, influence decision-making and drive a tailored experience.
- Special Character Classes
- A character class system with special traits, skills and tools mean players must choose how they will work together in order to survive.
- Truly terrifying, realistic and diverse environments
- Experience pure fear and an anxious atmosphere, that put the player’s survival instincts to the test. We’ll harness the power of Unreal Engine 4 to create realistic and diverse environments.
- Replayable Gameplay
- AI dinosaurs, weather systems, random spawn and extraction points, and dynamic objectives creates unique and intense gameplay sequences with each playthrough.
- Original Soundtrack
- An original, haunting music score by BAFTA-nominated composer, David Housden (Thomas was Alone, Volume, Q.U.B.E. 2).
Deathground will primarily be available on PC but the developers are aiming to also bring the game to consoles in the future.
The trailer for the game and some in-game footage is featured in this video courtesy of @ChorizoMachine
Like what you see? For more news hop over to the Deathground Kickstarter page and perhaps you can help those console dreams come true.